Learn how to import tax rates.
- [Instructor] Big Commerce has a pretty good interface…for taxes.…Under store setup…you can look on tax to get started.…The easiest option is to have Avalara,…which is a company that specializes in taxes,…calculate our taxes for us.…They're a well known company,…and if you want to automate your taxes,…they are one of the best out there.…Avalara doesn't have clear pricing,…but its likely going…to cost you a few hundred dollars a year.…With a minimum of $50 per year.…For brand-new merchants this might seem like a lot,…but it removes so much uncertainty from your business.…If you have the money it can be incredibly helpful…to pay for a service like this…and not have to worry about it.…
If you want to use Avalara, you can configure it here.…I'll show you how to manually configure tax rates.…Let's click edit…and then we can start scrolling down.…There's a few basic options.…What do we want to call it?…Let's call it tax.…In the US we tend to use exclusive pricing,…meaning if an item on the shelf is $10,…and the counter we actually pay $10 plus tax.…
- Why choose BigCommerce?
- Adding products
- Importing products
- Selecting a theme
- Editing product pages and menus
- Setting up shipping
- Setting up payments and taxes
- Viewing sales on the BigCommerce dashboard
- Omni-channel commerce and BigCommerce
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
1. Introduction to BigCommerce
3. Select a Theme
5. Payment and Taxes
6. BigCommerce Dashboard
7. Omni-Channel Commerce
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.