Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Access and assets, part of Ecommerce: Scoping Projects.
- One of the surprising things…that can sync a project is existing assets.…You'd think that having assets like logos,…stock photos, and an existing website…would all make a future website easier to make…and they can but there are a few things to watch out for.…Quite often, clients have their files somewhere…but no one knows exactly where they are.…This can be a problem for any project with a deadline.…If you do have a deadline, and every project…should have a deadline of some sort.…Make sure that you make it clear to your client…that you need to have the assets by a specific date.…
Otherwise the project could be dalayed…and make sure to put this in your proposal.…I've had some very frustrating experiences…where clients had a tight turn around time…and they couldn't find their FTP credentials.…That meant we could write new code…but we couldn't upload any of it.…Had we been more clear on our needs,…we could of gotten those FTP credentials earlier…or, if the client fails to get those on time,…we can at least point to the proposal…
- Clarifying jargon
- Picking a proposal strategy
- Asking the right questions
- Estimating the scaling needs of a site
- Determining payment needs
- Understanding shipping needs
- Discussing currencies and taxes
- Determining localization needs
- Creating wireframes and site maps
- Creating prototypes
- Writing and presenting the proposal
- Keeping meetings on track
Skill Level Beginner
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.