Get a walkthrough of the GET for the quote list and individual quote, and then create a "random" endpoint to get a random quote.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at the API endpoints…in the code now.…We'll focus on the read functionality first.…Two of the endpoints had been implemented already,…but we need to fill in the third one.…We'll work with the write functionality in the next section.…So, let's take a look at what we have.…Scroll down to the REST API route section.…At the top, it shows that we're using API…as the base for all of the API calls.…This means that for instance,…the /quotes route will be found at /api/quotes.…
One way to read what we've got here…
- Why become a polyglot programmer?
- Exploring Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby code
- Building on prior knowledge to learn new programming languages
- Learning API read and write functionality in Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby
- Implementing API functionality in Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby
Skill Level Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
1. Becoming a Polyglot
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.