Join Martha Garzon for an in-depth discussion in this video S corporation: Advantages and disadvantages, part of Running a Web Design Business: Defining Your Business Structure.
…In order to understand how S-Corporations work,…make sure you have watched the previous video about C-Corporations.…An S-Corporation is a C-Corporation that has selected to be…taxed as a small business corporation, by filing the IRS Form 2553.…Only domestic corporations with less than 100 shareholders qualify to…be selected as S-corporations.…So I sometimes think of the S as small corporation even though S…actually refers to the sub-chapter S of chapter one in the internal revenue code.…
S-Corporations enjoy all the advantages of C-corporations,…like limited liability, ease in raising capital and perpetual existence.…But S corps also enjoy two bonuses called pass-through taxation and…elimination of double taxation.…Let's take a look at these two advantages.…An S corp is not an independent tax paying entity, like a C-corp so all…the profits and loses are past through the shareholders personal income tax returns.…
However, the S-corporation must annually file IRS form 1120S to…report overall businesses, income, profits, and losses.…
- Understanding your business-structure options
- Choosing your business structure using five key questions
- Establishing business names and fictitious business names
- Obtaining local licenses and permits
- Applying for city/county tax receipts
- Opening a business bank account
- Understanding state and federal taxes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Overview of Business Structures
2. Sample Businesses
3. Forming a Sole Proprietorship
4. Forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.