- We've seen throughout this course…how important it is to establish…your credibility through your website.…A great way to do this is to show your visitors…that you know what you're talking about!…Business is almost always more complex…than people on the outside expect.…Giving them a glimpse into the complexity,…but in a way that helps them understand…the terminology, processes, and outcomes…makes you look more professional,…and helps your potential customers…feel confident enough to call you.…
I mentioned earlier that people will be reluctant…to contact you until they feel that they know enough…about the topic to realize if you're scamming them.…This is your opportunity to help them reach…this level of understanding.…In the process, they'll come to see you…as a helpful source of information.…They'll come back to your site…to get their questions answered in the future.…In this way, you use your site…to build a customer relationship.…It will mean creating a different…type of page on your site.…
Unlike a product or service description page,…
Join Chris Nodder, as he reviews the key components of an effective small business website, whether you maintain your website or hire someone else. He provides guidelines to optimize the content, design, and information architecture of the site and to provide customers and prospective customers with incentives to trust your business—and buy from it.
- Keeping the homepage simple
- Providing news and links
- Using pictures and testimonials to establish trust
- Creating clear product descriptions
- Showing expertise with a blog or tips page
- Soliciting ongoing feedback
Skill Level Beginner
Using Customer Surveys to Improve Servicewith Jeff Toister52m 10s Intermediate
1. Is Your Website Good for Business?
2. Your Homepage
3. About You
4. Products and Services
5. Showing Your Expertise
Professional help2m 17s
6. Being Customer-Centric
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.