Join Justin Putney for an in-depth discussion in this video Writing to the console, part of Problem Solving for Web Professionals.
- View Offline
- In this video, I'll show you how to output…test code to your browser's console.…This will help you check how bits of code…operate on your page before…going to the trouble of actually…implementing a big change.…You can follow along in the exercise…files in Chapter 70701.…In the start folder, I'm going to…opem up the index file in my browser.…Now, here's the visual that's been created.…There's a yellow bar across the top…that says your browser in incompatible with the site.…Now, we might refine this copy later,…but right now our goal is just to make…this piece functional, because it's displaying…everywhere, and we only want it to display…in the browsers that are actually incompatible.…
Learn to turn your web browser into a code inspector, cope with browser incompatibilities, perform cross-platform testing, and more. Justin Putney gives you the skills you need to address the unique problems in each new project—and ensure the quality of your design and your code.
- Using web inspection tools
- Finding and destroying HTML errors
- Locating missing assets
- Supporting Internet Explorer
- Becoming a Google search master
- Testing with online snippet editors, emulators, and more
- Testing responsive layouts
- Debugging code
- Adding new functionality