- I've mentioned a couple of times that you shouldn't use…distracting images or stock photography.…So what pictures should you use and why?…Location images build customer trust.…Visitors like the confidence of seeing…that you have a real office building or retail location…or getting a peek into your production facilities…or workshop.…If you're a creative company, it's especially important…to show your actual location and working practices…in images, as potential clients will soon see the mismatch…between stock photos and reality when they visit…your offices for a briefing.…
Stock photos are information poor.…In order to sell well, they have to be generic.…Being generic, they don't convey any useful information…about your company, your products, or your services.…It's possible that plastering enough images…of happy, smiling people on the About Us page…might add to the tone of the site,…making visitors feel more positive towards you,…but they're really nothing more than a lie.…The happy, smiling faces aren't your happy, smiling faces.…
Join Chris Nodder, as he reviews the key components of an effective small business website, whether you maintain your website or hire someone else. He provides guidelines to optimize the content, design, and information architecture of the site and to provide customers and prospective customers with incentives to trust your business—and buy from it.
- Keeping the homepage simple
- Providing news and links
- Using pictures and testimonials to establish trust
- Creating clear product descriptions
- Showing expertise with a blog or tips page
- Soliciting ongoing feedback
Skill Level Beginner
Using Customer Surveys to Improve Servicewith Jeff Toister52m 10s Intermediate
1. Is Your Website Good for Business?
2. Your Homepage
3. About You
4. Products and Services
5. Showing Your Expertise
Professional help2m 17s
6. Being Customer-Centric
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.