Join Martha Garzon for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding state tax obligations, part of Running a Web Design Business: Defining Your Business Structure.
…Depending on the state where your business is located,…you might also need to pay additional taxes, like state income tax,…tangible personal property tax, and sales tax.…As I said earlier, every state has its own rules and regulations.…So please, visit your state's official website, or…the US Small Business Administration website, for…a full list of all the required taxes in your state.…
Here's the site.…It has information on state and local tax obligations, organized per state.…For Amy's web business, we'd navigate down to Florida, then explore all the details.…This will help Amy confirm that the state of Florida will not charge income tax or…sales tax on her business.…And she's below the threshold for the personal property tax.…If her business was in California,…then she would navigate over here to the California area.…
Click on California Tax Service Center link ,which drills down to more…information about income tax, payroll tax, and sales and use tax.…
- Understanding your business-structure options
- Choosing your business structure using five key questions
- Establishing business names and fictitious business names
- Obtaining local licenses and permits
- Applying for city/county tax receipts
- Opening a business bank account
- Understanding state and federal taxes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Overview of Business Structures
2. Sample Businesses
3. Forming a Sole Proprietorship
4. Forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.