- Think about what else makes you look credible.…We've described your business location…and some of the key people that work there.…I also suggested that you should list your team's…qualifications and certifications,…and even the number of years you've been in business…or combined years of experience.…There are other options too.…Show that you're a member of trade or industry groups.…Certain groups have membership requirements…which prove that you have a particular level of competence.…Others are advocates for your industry…and conduct marketing and awareness campaigns…on your behalf that your site visitors…may well have heard of.…
Listing your affiliations can help you demonstrate…your credibility.…If you offer a product warranty or guarantee,…describe it here.…If a customer will be buying from you remotely,…they'll want to know that they have options…if the product doesn't work how they expected.…Showing them that you have the confidence to back up…what you sell with a guarantee will help with this.…You might also want to add a couple of testimonials…
Join Chris Nodder, as he reviews the key components of an effective small business website, whether you maintain your website or hire someone else. He provides guidelines to optimize the content, design, and information architecture of the site and to provide customers and prospective customers with incentives to trust your business—and buy from it.
- Keeping the homepage simple
- Providing news and links
- Using pictures and testimonials to establish trust
- Creating clear product descriptions
- Showing expertise with a blog or tips page
- Soliciting ongoing feedback
Skill Level Beginner
Using Customer Surveys to Improve Servicewith Jeff Toister52m 10s Intermediate
1. Is Your Website Good for Business?
2. Your Homepage
3. About You
4. Products and Services
5. Showing Your Expertise
Professional help2m 17s
6. Being Customer-Centric
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.