In this lesson we're going to clear the browsing history so that links revert…to their original unvisited style.…You will need the files biblio-_serif_clearlinks.html and…biblio_serif_clearlinks.css from the Exercise folder.…You'll also need the Fonts folder with the web font files for Chopin Script.…So drag a copy of the Fonts folder into your Exercise folder.…That way, Chopin Script will load properly.…
Open up the HTML file in the browser to see what we're working with.…Click on a couple of links.…Notice how the links turned into the visited state.…There is a very subtle color change here.…The visited links are slightly darker.…It might be hard to see if you're viewing this video in a small size.…But the links are no longer in their original state.…They are now in the visited state.…
This is supposed to happen, but when you're designing a set of links for a site,…you need to be able to see the original version of the links too and as they…convert to the visited style you will lose the original unvisited style.…
- Understanding how good typography promotes reading
- Choosing web-safe fonts
- Applying web fonts in CSS with @font-face
- Adding and applying the Google Fonts syntax
- Finding and applying a good font size, line height, and line length
- Improving a color palette by improving contrast and reducing optical vibration
- Understanding how people mentally organize, or chunk, visual elements
- Applying a system of hierarchy in HTML and CSS
- Applying vertical spacing in CSS
- Adding emphasis within a heading
- Understanding classic and modernist typographic pages
- Adding a list of links
- Creating drop caps
- Fixing quotation marks, apostrophes, and dashes
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more about this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
1. Using Fonts to Communicate the Meaning of a Word or Headline
2. Using Fonts for Text
3. Maximizing Readability
4. Visually Chunking Text
5. Shaping a Page Using Typography
6. Shaping a Traditional Typographic Page
7. Shaping a Modernist Typographic Page
8. Attending to the Typographic Details
Additional resources3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.