Join Chris Nodder for an in-depth discussion in this video Providing the latest news, part of UX for Small Business Websites.
- If your business changes regularly…and if you feel like you can give the time…to keep your site up to date…a news section is a great place…to showcase information that changes regularly.…Remember earlier, I talked about the factors…that lead to people trusting websites?…Well, a news section checks several of the relevant boxes.…It shows that you're a real organization with good expertise…it can help to demonstrate that you're honest…and trustworthy…and it shows that you have up to date information.…
I'm going to stress something I just said.…You need to know you'll have the time…to update the news section of your site…before you commit to creating one.…There's nothing worse than showing out of date…news content.…Doing so reduces users trust.…If you hadn't even added the news section…they wouldn't know that the news was out of date.…With that warning out of the way…and assuming you've decided that a news section…is a good idea for your company,…what news are you going to share?…The worst thing you can do is turn your news section…
Join Chris Nodder, as he reviews the key components of an effective small business website, whether you maintain your website or hire someone else. He provides guidelines to optimize the content, design, and information architecture of the site and to provide customers and prospective customers with incentives to trust your business—and buy from it.
- Keeping the homepage simple
- Providing news and links
- Using pictures and testimonials to establish trust
- Creating clear product descriptions
- Showing expertise with a blog or tips page
- Soliciting ongoing feedback