- It's important that your personality…shows through in your writing.…After all, your personality is part of…your business brand.…On the other hand, you don't want people…to be turned off by badly written,…or poorly explained information.…Because you're writing this content in part…to be seen as a trustworthy expert,…you need to avoid any errors.…Remember, errors and typos made it into…the top 10 list of things people look for…when judging a site's credibility.…It's time to be honest about your writing abilities.…
If you don't trust yourself to write clear,…error free text, you may need to pay someone else…to make it sound professional.…Normally, copy editors will take your rough draft…and correct grammar and spelling issues.…They'll also make sure that your writing flows.…That it steps through the content in a sensible order.…And, that it doesn't repeat itself.…Now, if you think you'll just be writing…a single page of how-to advice, or hints and tips,…hiring a copy editor may not be a major cost.…If you're planning on writing a blog, though,…
Join Chris Nodder, as he reviews the key components of an effective small business website, whether you maintain your website or hire someone else. He provides guidelines to optimize the content, design, and information architecture of the site and to provide customers and prospective customers with incentives to trust your business—and buy from it.
- Keeping the homepage simple
- Providing news and links
- Using pictures and testimonials to establish trust
- Creating clear product descriptions
- Showing expertise with a blog or tips page
- Soliciting ongoing feedback
Skill Level Beginner
Using Customer Surveys to Improve Servicewith Jeff Toister52m 10s Intermediate
1. Is Your Website Good for Business?
2. Your Homepage
3. About You
4. Products and Services
5. Showing Your Expertise
Professional help2m 17s
6. Being Customer-Centric
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.