- Usability testing is something…you can do before you launch,…but even after you go live with your new site,…you can still collect information that will help you…improve the service you offer…and reduce the number of unnecessary…calls you have to answer.…There are two main ways of doing this.…One is through tracking the questions…that you get asked that the site should have answered…and the other is through site metrics that capture…users' behavior on your pages.…The support questions you get…after you put your site live are a good indication…of the additional information you should put on it.…
If you think you already did put that information…up on the site, maybe it's not in the right place,…or at least not where your visitors expected to find it.…Metrics sounds like something that only large companies…worry about, but even small businesses can learn a lot…about how well their site's working just by looking…at how it's being used by visitors.…For instance, do people visit your product or information…pages as much as you expect?…
Join Chris Nodder, as he reviews the key components of an effective small business website, whether you maintain your website or hire someone else. He provides guidelines to optimize the content, design, and information architecture of the site and to provide customers and prospective customers with incentives to trust your business—and buy from it.
- Keeping the homepage simple
- Providing news and links
- Using pictures and testimonials to establish trust
- Creating clear product descriptions
- Showing expertise with a blog or tips page
- Soliciting ongoing feedback
Skill Level Beginner
Using Customer Surveys to Improve Servicewith Jeff Toister52m 10s Intermediate
1. Is Your Website Good for Business?
2. Your Homepage
3. About You
4. Products and Services
5. Showing Your Expertise
Professional help2m 17s
6. Being Customer-Centric
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.