Join Martha Garzon for an in-depth discussion in this video Obtaining local licenses or permits, part of Running a Web Design Business: Defining Your Business Structure.
…Whether you're setting up a sole proprietorship or…an LLC, you need to register your business and…obtain local permits or licenses needed to run your web business.…Determining which permits and license you need and the process for filling them…out depends on a specific city and county where your business will be located.…Each city and county has its own guidelines, forms, and fees.…There's a lot of overlap between areas, but ultimately you'll need to visit your…state's official website to confirm the exact requirements for your specific area.…
By the way, city and county registration permits can go by many names including,…business license, tax certificate, business registration certificate,…business tax receipt, and occupational license.…In the next video I'll be using Florida's term,…business tax receipt and we'll examine the key questions that…cities usually ask on their applications for a city business tax receipt…
- Understanding your business-structure options
- Choosing your business structure using five key questions
- Establishing business names and fictitious business names
- Obtaining local licenses and permits
- Applying for city/county tax receipts
- Opening a business bank account
- Understanding state and federal taxes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Overview of Business Structures
2. Sample Businesses
3. Forming a Sole Proprietorship
4. Forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.