Join Martha Garzon for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps: Finding professional support, part of Running a Web Design Business: Defining Your Business Structure.
…At this point,…you should be pretty familiar with the available business structures.…So, what's next?…My advice is to go talk with a professional in your area and…discuss your options, questions, and concerns.…Check out this website.…The SBA provides free one-on-one business consultations at…small business development centers across the United States.…These free sessions are funded by the government and…universities to help individuals start a new business.…
You can search for local resources by zip code.…You can also consult with a private accountant or lawyer.…Definitely take your time to find the right person.…First, ask your friends and family if they recommend a reliable lawyer or CPA.…if they can't, don't be afraid to shop around.…Generally, the first consultation with a CPA is free.…However, you probably will have to pay if you want to speak with a lawyer.…Do some online research to verify that any lawyer or…accountant you are considering has a valid state license.…
Then set up some appointments.…By the way, many professionals will be happy to do every single part of…
- Understanding your business-structure options
- Choosing your business structure using five key questions
- Establishing business names and fictitious business names
- Obtaining local licenses and permits
- Applying for city/county tax receipts
- Opening a business bank account
- Understanding state and federal taxes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Overview of Business Structures
2. Sample Businesses
3. Forming a Sole Proprietorship
4. Forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.