Join Martha Garzon for an in-depth discussion in this video LLC: Advantages and disadvantages, part of Running a Web Design Business: Defining Your Business Structure.
…In this video we'll go over my favorite business structure, LLC's.…Let's get started.…A limited liability company is a hybrid business…structure that combines the benefits of corporations and of general partnerships.…LLCs are ideal for a small to a medium size business.…LLCs are regulated state by state in the US, but…most states do not restrict the maximum numbers of owners that an LLC can have.…
By the way,…the owners of an LLC are called members instead of shareholders or partners.…Let's take a look at some of the advantages of limited liability companies.…Compared to a corporation,…an LLC is a simpler business type that is cheaper to maintain.…LLCs, like general partnership have less record keeping,…because they're not required to have formal meetings and keep minutes.…LLCs also offer limited liability.…
Just like a corporation, an LLC is legally responsible for…all the business' debts, losses and liabilities.…An LLC protects the member's personal property.…If the company is sued or…gets in debt, the owners won't lose their personal property.…
- Understanding your business-structure options
- Choosing your business structure using five key questions
- Establishing business names and fictitious business names
- Obtaining local licenses and permits
- Applying for city/county tax receipts
- Opening a business bank account
- Understanding state and federal taxes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Overview of Business Structures
2. Sample Businesses
3. Forming a Sole Proprietorship
4. Forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.