- I'm sure that you'll agree it's easier to concentrate…on the important details when there are fewer distractions…which makes it all the more surprising when you see…companies whose homepages look like Times Square…with loads of pointless images, flashing things,…and even autoplaying movies.…Don't be that company.…Rather than trying to cram every piece of information…onto the homepage, just provide the most important details…and then create a layout, an information architecture,…which makes it easy for people to find where they need to go…on the rest of your site to get the answers they want.…
Having an uncluttered homepage is another way…of meeting the trust goals I mentioned earlier.…Rather than trying to cram all sorts of content…onto the page, just display the high level information…that helps show you are a real organization…with good expertise,…that you have informative online content,…and are easy to contact.…If you're a small company offering just a few products…or a single type of service,…you might be able to get away with a single page site.…
Join Chris Nodder, as he reviews the key components of an effective small business website, whether you maintain your website or hire someone else. He provides guidelines to optimize the content, design, and information architecture of the site and to provide customers and prospective customers with incentives to trust your business—and buy from it.
- Keeping the homepage simple
- Providing news and links
- Using pictures and testimonials to establish trust
- Creating clear product descriptions
- Showing expertise with a blog or tips page
- Soliciting ongoing feedback
Skill Level Beginner
Using Customer Surveys to Improve Servicewith Jeff Toister52m 10s Intermediate
1. Is Your Website Good for Business?
2. Your Homepage
3. About You
4. Products and Services
5. Showing Your Expertise
Professional help2m 17s
6. Being Customer-Centric
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.