…In this video, we'll explore the basics of estimating taxes for a simple business.…Meet Amy.…She's a web designer who lives in sunny Florida.…Amy wants to open a web design business, but…before starting, she wants to know how her web design business would be taxed.…More specifically, she wants to know the taxes for…a business structure as a sole proprietorship versus an LLC.…We all know that taxes get complicated.…
Every year, tax rates, qualifications, deductions, and extensions change.…We also know that taxes vary according to individual circumstances,…like marital status, number of dependents, income level, etcetera.…So let's take a moment to look at Amy's specifics.…Amy is single, she has no dependents and she lives in Florida.…She plans to be the sole owner of a web design company that has no employees.…
Her business will use the calendar year accounting period.…This means that she'll keep records and report income and expenses in 12…consecutive months, beginning January 1st and ending December 31st.…
- Understanding your business-structure options
- Choosing your business structure using five key questions
- Establishing business names and fictitious business names
- Obtaining local licenses and permits
- Applying for city/county tax receipts
- Opening a business bank account
- Understanding state and federal taxes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Overview of Business Structures
2. Sample Businesses
3. Forming a Sole Proprietorship
4. Forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.