- So how are you going to find out…whether your site meets your customers needs?…Surveys and interviews won't easily…give you this type of information.…For a start, you should be finding…this out before your new site even launches.…Secondly, you need a lot of people's answers…to survey questions in order to be confident in them.…Instead, the thing that can really help you understand…whether people can use your site,…is to give them a common task they should…be able to perform online, and then quietly watch them.…
If you do this well without giving them hints…about the answer in the task you provide,…without jumping in when they get a little bit off track,…you'll learn a lot about how other people see your site.…As you start building out your site,…you'll become so familiar with the content…that you won't notice things…which catch out first-time users.…Also, you're an expert in how your company functions,…and how your products or services work.…That's not the position your site visitors are in,…and it's great to be able to see things through their eyes.…
Join Chris Nodder, as he reviews the key components of an effective small business website, whether you maintain your website or hire someone else. He provides guidelines to optimize the content, design, and information architecture of the site and to provide customers and prospective customers with incentives to trust your business—and buy from it.
- Keeping the homepage simple
- Providing news and links
- Using pictures and testimonials to establish trust
- Creating clear product descriptions
- Showing expertise with a blog or tips page
- Soliciting ongoing feedback
Skill Level Beginner
Using Customer Surveys to Improve Servicewith Jeff Toister52m 10s Intermediate
1. Is Your Website Good for Business?
2. Your Homepage
3. About You
4. Products and Services
5. Showing Your Expertise
Professional help2m 17s
6. Being Customer-Centric
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.