…In order to form an LLC business, you need to start by choosing a name.…The specific requirements can vary from state to state.…But in general, the business name needs the following characteristics.…First, the business name must be unique.…It cannot have the same name of any other LLC in the same state.…Most states also would not approve a new name that is…overly similar to an existing name as this can be misleading for customers.…
Second, the name must indicate that the business is an LLC by…ending with the acronym LLC or the words limited liability company.…Third, the name must follow any specific naming regulations your state might have.…This is to avoid misleading terms.…For example, some states restrict the use of terms that could confuse the customer,…including words like bank, trust, incorporated, and corporation.…
Also, most states don't allow terms that reference the state or…the federal government.…The goal here is to make sure that the name of the LLC…doesn't misrepresent what it actually offers.…
- Understanding your business-structure options
- Choosing your business structure using five key questions
- Establishing business names and fictitious business names
- Obtaining local licenses and permits
- Applying for city/county tax receipts
- Opening a business bank account
- Understanding state and federal taxes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Overview of Business Structures
2. Sample Businesses
3. Forming a Sole Proprietorship
4. Forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.