Join Justin Putney for an in-depth discussion in this video Follow the protocol, part of Problem Solving for Web Professionals.
- View Offline
- The protocol is the phrase that comes…at the very beginning of a URL,…before the ://.…In this video, I'll show you how protocols…can trip up your web pages.…There are a couple ways that a protocol can cause problems.…The protocol is the phrase that comes…at the very beginning of a URL,…before the ://.…In this video, I'll show you how protocols…and local testing can trip up some of your web pages.…There are a couple of ways…that a protocol can cause problems.…Let's look at what I call The Non-Protocol,…which was introduced to solve another problem…we'll talk about in a moment.…
If you want to follow along, I'm in Chapter 30302.…In the start folder, I'm just going to open up…the index file in Chrome.…And I'm going to scroll down,…and look for this Alumni Profile.…Unfortunately instead of seeing a YouTube video there,…I see a message that my file or directory…could not be found.…So i'm just going to right-click on this,…and then I'm going to select the Console,…see what kind of errors come up.…And it looks like my file is not being loaded…
Learn to turn your web browser into a code inspector, cope with browser incompatibilities, perform cross-platform testing, and more. Justin Putney gives you the skills you need to address the unique problems in each new project—and ensure the quality of your design and your code.
- Using web inspection tools
- Finding and destroying HTML errors
- Locating missing assets
- Supporting Internet Explorer
- Becoming a Google search master
- Testing with online snippet editors, emulators, and more
- Testing responsive layouts
- Debugging code
- Adding new functionality