…In this video I'll show you how to file the articles of reorganization for…an LLC business structure.…The articles of organization are a simple document that summarizes the key…information about the LLC.…While articles of organization is the most common name, some states might call this…document a certificate of organization, or a certificate of formation.…Once you file the articles with your state and…they get approved, your LLC is officially formed.…
It's important to understand, that in most states,…the year after the articles of organization are filed, an LLC must file…an annual report or statement of information to maintain active status.…Penalties for not filing and paying the annual report are very strict.…There's usually a fee involved, and…in some states the LLC can be terminated by the state.…The specific requirements for…LLC articles of an organization vary from state to state.…
But it generally includes the LLC business name, business address,…owners or member names and addresses, the LLC's manager's name and…
- Understanding your business-structure options
- Choosing your business structure using five key questions
- Establishing business names and fictitious business names
- Obtaining local licenses and permits
- Applying for city/county tax receipts
- Opening a business bank account
- Understanding state and federal taxes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Overview of Business Structures
2. Sample Businesses
3. Forming a Sole Proprietorship
4. Forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.