- When you're designing your site,…don't forget your existing customers.…There are plenty of things you can do online…to encourage loyalty and repeat visits.…First, make it easy to place repeat orders.…I don't mean that you need to have…a shopping cart functionality.…All you have to do is make it simple for people to find…parts and accessories for the items you sell.…This can be a link from your product pages,…or a separate section on your site…depending upon how much content you expect to have there.…
The same is true for product support.…Is there a way for people to find…manuals and other materials online?…Can they get updates to your software?…Can they contact you with questions…about your products or services?…What's interesting is that often,…people will return to the product page…in order to find this type of information.…So it really makes sense to provide links to this content…from each relevant product page.…One great way to decide what information existing customers…will need is to think about the support calls you receive.…
Join Chris Nodder, as he reviews the key components of an effective small business website, whether you maintain your website or hire someone else. He provides guidelines to optimize the content, design, and information architecture of the site and to provide customers and prospective customers with incentives to trust your business—and buy from it.
- Keeping the homepage simple
- Providing news and links
- Using pictures and testimonials to establish trust
- Creating clear product descriptions
- Showing expertise with a blog or tips page
- Soliciting ongoing feedback
Skill Level Beginner
Using Customer Surveys to Improve Servicewith Jeff Toister52m 10s Intermediate
1. Is Your Website Good for Business?
2. Your Homepage
3. About You
4. Products and Services
5. Showing Your Expertise
Professional help2m 17s
6. Being Customer-Centric
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.