In this video, learn how to include delightful touches in your design.
- So that brings up to the crux of interaction design.…Your aim should be to delight your customers.…Throughout this course,…we've talked about the nuts and bolts of interaction design.…We've explained why it's best…to design interfaces a certain way…to accommodate how people's brains work.…All those guidelines are necessary…in order to create great interactions,…but they aren't enough.…There's something extra about interactions…that truly stand out, interactions that truly delight us.…
That thing is the human touch.…It's about showing that you as an interaction designer…understand what it means to be human,…that you've thought about the people who use this interface,…and that you've found ways…of taking away the little annoyances,…to give them functionality…they didn't even know they needed,…and to treat them like superstars.…Someone who's written about this is Kathy Sierra.…Way back in 2006, she made a list of tips…for ways you can create user delight in out of context ways…that still just as relevant today.…
- Designing around human limitations
- Telling stories
- How we group the things we see
- Making standard and consistent interfaces
- Smart defaults
- Reducing system latency and communicating during delays
- Making error messages into useful dialogs
- Designing for delight
Skill Level Beginner
1. How Brains Work
2. How We See Things: Perception Principles
3. Real-World Metaphors: Physical Concepts
4. Telling a Story: Workflow Concepts
5. Communicating through the UI
6. Designing for Delight
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.