…In this video, we'll review some common questions that counties might…ask when registering your business or applying for…a local county license or county tax receipt.…Note that this process is the same for both sole proprietorship and…LLC businesses.…So you'll see this video repeated in both chapters.…First, keep in mind that different counties often use different names for…their license.…It can be called a business certificate, a county license or a county tax receipt.…
Contact your local office to confirm what name they use for their license.…On most county applications or registrations,…first you will have to provide basic information like business name,…business address, and business open date.…Other standard required information is the business' taxpayer identification number.…This number is either your social security number or…the federal employment identification number.…The fictitious name, a short description of the primary business activity,…the physical location, if the business is located in a commercial building or…
- Understanding your business-structure options
- Choosing your business structure using five key questions
- Establishing business names and fictitious business names
- Obtaining local licenses and permits
- Applying for city/county tax receipts
- Opening a business bank account
- Understanding state and federal taxes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Overview of Business Structures
2. Sample Businesses
3. Forming a Sole Proprietorship
4. Forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.