Join Martha Garzon for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying for a city business tax receipt, part of Running a Web Design Business: Defining Your Business Structure.
…In this video, we'll explore whether you need a city business tax receipt.…And if so, the key questions you'll need to answer.…We'll be using Amy's web business as our example.…Note that this process is the same for…both, sole proprietorship, and LLC business.…You will see the video repeated in both chapters.…If your business is located within the city limits,…you will generally need a city business tax receipt.…But if your business is in an unincorporated area outside the city…limits, you most likely won't need one.…
But remember, these rules change from state to state.…So you'll have to call your local city office to confirm their specific policies.…So, how do you find out if your business is located within the city limits?…You'll need to conduct a property address search.…Let's try this for Amy's web business.…First we'll need to check if Amy's proposed business address.…In this case her house is located within the city limits of Orlando.…
A quick google search shows that Orlando is in Orange County.…So now we can go the Orange County property appraiser website and…
- Understanding your business-structure options
- Choosing your business structure using five key questions
- Establishing business names and fictitious business names
- Obtaining local licenses and permits
- Applying for city/county tax receipts
- Opening a business bank account
- Understanding state and federal taxes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Overview of Business Structures
2. Sample Businesses
3. Forming a Sole Proprietorship
4. Forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.