Join Chris Nodder for an in-depth discussion in this video Answering customers' biggest questions, part of UX for Small Business Websites.
- So what information are customers looking for…that's important enough to go on your home page?…Put yourself in your visitors' shoes,…and think about what they'll need to know…before they can do business with you.…It boils down to a few, simple questions.…What do you do or sell?…Listing your key products or services on the…home page, helps people quickly identify whether…you're the type of company they're looking for.…Self selection helps you as much…as it helps your potential customers.…You don't need irate people in your store,…any more than they need a two hour roundtrip,…only to find you don't stock the items they expected.…
Keep this list short, though.…This isn't the place for detailed descriptions.…What differentiates you from other businesses like yours?…If you serve a specific geographic location,…that might be a sufficient differentiator.…Are you competing on cost? On quality?…On expertise? Are you an early adopter of technology?…Or do you offer a traditional service?…What, in other words, makes you different from…
Join Chris Nodder, as he reviews the key components of an effective small business website, whether you maintain your website or hire someone else. He provides guidelines to optimize the content, design, and information architecture of the site and to provide customers and prospective customers with incentives to trust your business—and buy from it.
- Keeping the homepage simple
- Providing news and links
- Using pictures and testimonials to establish trust
- Creating clear product descriptions
- Showing expertise with a blog or tips page
- Soliciting ongoing feedback
Skill Level Beginner
Using Customer Surveys to Improve Servicewith Jeff Toister52m 10s Intermediate
1. Is Your Website Good for Business?
2. Your Homepage
3. About You
4. Products and Services
5. Showing Your Expertise
Professional help2m 17s
6. Being Customer-Centric
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.