Join Martha Garzon for an in-depth discussion in this video Amy's web design business as a sole proprietorship, part of Running a Web Design Business: Defining Your Business Structure.
…In this video, we'll explore Amy's business,…one set as a sole proprietorship.…If Amy's Floral Business is a sole proprietorship, these are the forms and…fees she will have to file and pay in 2013.…The year is divided in four quarters.…Each quarter, she will have to pay estimated taxes by filing form 1040-ES.…And she will have to pay estimated Federal self-employment taxes using form 1040-SE.…The payments are due 15 days after the end of each quarter.…
This means that the payments for…the last quarter in 2013 will be due on January 31st of 2014.…On the third quarter Amy will have to renew her city and…state business tax receipts before April 15, 2014.…She will report income, losses, and expenses with a Schedule C.…These schedules transfer to her personal tax return, IRS Form 1040.…Now let's see how Amy's profit will be taxed as a sole proprietorship.…
As we saw in the previous video Amy's state tax is zero.…She lives in Florida where there's no state income tax or sale tax and…her company own less than $25,000 in tangible property so…
- Understanding your business-structure options
- Choosing your business structure using five key questions
- Establishing business names and fictitious business names
- Obtaining local licenses and permits
- Applying for city/county tax receipts
- Opening a business bank account
- Understanding state and federal taxes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Overview of Business Structures
2. Sample Businesses
3. Forming a Sole Proprietorship
4. Forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.