Adding a second font from Google web fonts is a matter of cutting and pasting syntax.…There are a couple of tricky things to think about, like where to paste the…syntax and how to set the font stack.…We will cover these as we go through the lesson.…You will see our font family for the page is currently PT Sans.…All text is the same size.…The only difference is that heading is bold.…We are going to change our main heading to our second font, Droid Serif.…We'll also remove the bold and increase the size.…Go to Google web fonts and find your second font, Droid Serif.…
Command+F on a Mac, Droid Serif.…We can click on it to choose to use the font. Use this font and we will decide…what variants we need.…Right now I'm pretty sure we only need regular, so let's just use that.…Triple click to select all the syntax and you can copy and let's go to HTML page.…In the HTML page you want to add the Google web font syntax as the first…item under your head.…
You will notice we already have another font here as well. That's fine.…
- Understanding how good typography promotes reading
- Choosing web-safe fonts
- Applying web fonts in CSS with @font-face
- Adding and applying the Google Fonts syntax
- Finding and applying a good font size, line height, and line length
- Improving a color palette by improving contrast and reducing optical vibration
- Understanding how people mentally organize, or chunk, visual elements
- Applying a system of hierarchy in HTML and CSS
- Applying vertical spacing in CSS
- Adding emphasis within a heading
- Understanding classic and modernist typographic pages
- Adding a list of links
- Creating drop caps
- Fixing quotation marks, apostrophes, and dashes
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more about this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
1. Using Fonts to Communicate the Meaning of a Word or Headline
2. Using Fonts for Text
3. Maximizing Readability
4. Visually Chunking Text
5. Shaping a Page Using Typography
6. Shaping a Traditional Typographic Page
7. Shaping a Modernist Typographic Page
8. Attending to the Typographic Details
Additional resources3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.