Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using video to make content more compelling, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
If you want to sell an idea or teach a complex concept, video offers a powerful…way to show, not tell.…Consider how you'd explain to someone the process of brushing a dog's teeth, or…even your own teeth for that matter, if you are restricted to text.…Now assume that the reader has no idea what it means to brush someone's teeth…and they've never seen it done.…You might try something like this. Step one:…take the cap off the toothpaste. Step two:…squeeze a half inch of paste onto the bristles of the brush.…Three: hold the brush firmly in your hand.…
Four: use the other hand to force the dog's mouth open.…Five: put the brush in the dog's mouth.…Six: move the brush in a circular motion over the dog's teeth, while politely…asking the dog not to bite you.…Okay, I think you get the idea.…Now, let's imagine that you actually can use video and watch this segment to see…how much more impactful it is to show rather than tell. …(Female speaker: Brushing your pet's teeth with a veterinarian-approved toothpaste made just for pets)…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users