Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using timelines to give context over time, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
- View Offline
Timelines are a powerful visual way to provide context, relevance, history, and…to show how things change or evolve over time.…In this timeline on the wisdompets website users can quickly find out what…vaccinations they need based on the age of their pets.…That means they don't have to wade through a long written explanation of when…and how to get a vaccination.…They can just jump right to the section that's most relevant to them.…This simple timeline was created using a slideshow tool, but there are many ways…to create timelines.…
In addition to the Slideshow tool that we used to create the timeline on the…wisdompets site, you'll find a number of dedicated timeline plug-ins for…WordPress and other content management systems.…You can also design timelines as graphics using Photoshop or Illustrator. Even…the WordArt in Microsoft Word is a handy way to create a simple timeline.…And you'll find a growing list of dedicated timeline-creation tools.…If you just search Google for "timeline tools," you'll find the latest.…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users