Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using interviews or questionnaires to identify content needs, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
- View Offline
I've been impressed by how many of the job descriptions I've read for content…strategists include the need for good interview skills,…so in this video I want to introduce you to a few interview techniques and…talk about how using questionnaires and conducting interviews can help you…define your goals, understand your audience, and ultimately develop a better content strategy.…The first step in doing any great interview is one that you probably learned in…grade school: do your homework.…Like most things in life, if you take the time to prepare in advance, you…will get better results.…
There are two reasons why homework matters when it comes to conducting an interview.…The first may seem obvious.…You don't want to waste your subject's time with questions that are so basic you…could have found the answers yourself with a little effort.…There is this thing called Google, after all.…But the second reason may be even more important.…It's about building a connection.…Before you can get the best answers from just about anyone, you have to…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users