Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using interactive forms, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
On a website you can use forms for everything from gathering basic feedback to…conducting surveys and polls, to the search field that lets someone searched…through your website.…There are a lot of different ways and reasons to create forms.…The basic HTML needed to create a form is relatively simple.…But because forms generally require a script on the server to process their…contents, creating interactive forms is more complex than many people expect.…That complexity is compounded by the fact that many commercial web hosting…services, or ISPs, put safeguards in place to prevent anyone from using their…servers to send spam.…
And those safeguards can make it tricky to set up the permissions you need to…create even a simple web form.…As a result, many people use an online form service such as EMailMeForm or Adobe…FormsCentral, two of the most popular options.…In addition to all of the ways you can use the Portable Document Format that we…covered in the last video,…you can also use PDFs designed interactive forms, or to preserve the complex…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users