Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
- View Offline
Welcome to the Wisdom Pet Medicine website, the home of our fictitious but loving veterinarians. I created this website about pets because the subject lends itself to a wide variety of content types, including video, animation, timelines, and infographics. You won't find this site in your exercise folder, and you don't need it to follow along. But if you ever want to take a closer look, you can find the entire site online at wisdompets.com. You will find a few files in the exercise folder, a questionnaire that you can use to guide your interviews, and a few Excel spreadsheets to get you started on your content inventory, gap analysis, and ultimately, your content matrix.
All of these files and the website are available to you, even if you're not a Premium subscriber at lynda.com. So sit back, relax, and know that all of the files I'll show you in this course will be easy to find when you need them.
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users