Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using A/B and multivariate testing and analytics, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
The first thing to know about multivariate and A/B testing is that despite the…scientific-sounding names the basic concept is pretty simple:…you create different versions of your content, show them to people, and see…which version works better.…A/B testing generally involves creating two versions of a piece of content or a page design:…version A, version B, although some people create multiple versions and still…call it A/B testing.…Don't be confused by the number of tests that may be conducted.…What's consistent in most A/B testing is that you're only testing one variable.…
In contrast, multivariate testing involves testing many things at once.…Multivariate testing, sometimes called bucket testing, can get far more…complicated than A/B testing, but it can also lead to more interesting and…often unexpected results.…A/B testing is often used to test ad copy.…If you're running a Google AdWords campaign, for example, and you're limited to…just a few words of copy, it's good practice to create at least two versions of…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users