Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting clear goals and managing client expectations, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
The first step in any good content strategy is getting clear on your goals and objectives.…If you are at the beach playing with a German shepherd, the goals are usually…pretty clear: get some exercise, play a little fetch, and don't get too much…sand in the car on your way home.…Developing a website is a lot more complicated.…But if you've ever watched a dog charge into the surf to fetch a stick, you…understand how having a clear objective is a powerful motivator, and that brings…me to the first question I ask any new client:…What is your goal in creating or redesigning your website?…Getting clear on your goals is a crucial first step, because every decision you…make as you develop a content strategy should ultimately support your top…goals and objectives.…
If you're working with a very large organization, you may need to interview…multiple department heads about their goals, and you may get different answers…from, say, the head of sales than you will from the head of customer support or…the head of research and development.…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users