Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
Developing an effective content strategy is not a task you do once and call complete.…The best content strategies are living breathing project plans that are almost…constantly being revised and updated.…Although you may do one grand content assessment and develop a content matrix…with a clear set of deadlines,…your ultimate goal should be to develop a content strategy designed to keep the…content fresh, up to date, and relevant, on an ongoing basis.…Let me leave you with a few tips and suggestions for where you can learn more.…
First, study the analytics of your own website.…The best place to learn about what's working on your site is from the reports…about how people are actually using it.…You'll find great courses on Google Analytics here at lynda.com, and you can…learn loads more on the Google Analytics website.…Test, test, and test some more. Continue to test your theories and assumptions…and use the results to guide your development as well as make a case for…investing more time and money in great content.…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users