Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing user-generated content, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
- View Offline
It's hard enough to manage the development, production, and curation of the…content when you're working with a team of professionals.…But when you open the doors of your website and invite your audience to…contribute, anything is possible.…In this video we'll explore best practices for managing user-generated content,…things like photos you invite your users to send in.…And we'll review some of the common problems you should watch out for and…explore why it's important to be clear with all your contributors about exactly…what you expect from them and what they can expect from you.…
There are many ways to invite contributions like this.…You can specifically ask for photos.…You can invite comments on your blog.…In the Wisdom Pet Medicine site that's exactly what we do, and you might think…those are relatively safe types of content to ask for.…But when you're dealing with the public, always expect surprises.…Here are a few rules to guide you as you create any instructions you might have…for how users should submit content.…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users