Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Making the most of PDFs, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
The Portable Document Format is popular in part because it's relatively easy to…convert large text files into PDFs quickly.…Using Adobe Acrobat, you can turn a text file into a static PDF as easily as you…can send it to print.…In fact, with Acrobat integrated into Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and many other…programs, you can literally use the print option to generate a PDF.…Unfortunately, anything that's that easy is often over used.…As you conduct a content analysis of any existing website, pay special…attention to the PDFs.…
Formatting content in HTML is often a better option, because text formatted in…HTML is generally more searchable.…By that I mean search engines generally can't search the contents of a PDF the…way they can search text formatted in HTML across an entire website.…HTML also generally loads faster in a web browser and text is often easier to…edit and update later, because you don't have to go back to the original Word or…PowerPoint document, edit that, regenerate the PDF and upload it to the…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users