Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Keeping up with blogs and newsletters, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
One of the best ways to keep your audience up to date and keep them coming…back to your website is by regularly posting to a blog or sending out an email newsletter.…If you are working on a small site, you may find it efficient to set up your blog…so that each post also gets sent out to subscribers via email.…If you are working for a bigger company, combining a blog and newsletter may…not be such a good idea, because blogs and newsletters typically serve very…different purposes.…Before I get into any of my content tips, I'd be remiss here if I don't at least…warn you that one of the most important things about email newsletters is that…anytime you send email to more than a few people you need to comply with…strict anti-spam laws.…
That's why I showed you MailChimp in the last video, and why I am showing you…AWeber and other sites like Constant Contact.…There are a variety of bulk email services on the web, and they all serve similar…purposes, so find the one that works best for you.…But one of the things that many of them have is a collection of templates like…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users