Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Explaining complex concepts with infographics and animations, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
- View Offline
When you can show the real thing, photos and videos are great, but…sometimes infographics and animations are the only way to truly illustrate complex concepts.…Infographics like this one, which illustrates the lifecycle of a heartworm, are a…great way to share information in a concise and engaging way.…Done well, they can also serve as excellent link bait, meaning they can attract…new visitors to your site and even get other websites to link to you.…Infographics have also proven very popular on social media.…
If you invest the time and resources in creating this kind of rich media, make…sure you promote it across all of the channels you use to reach your audience.…More on that in a later video.…Infographics work especially well when you want to show how things are interrelated;…demonstrate cause and effect; illustrate complex systems; make data visually…understandable, from simple pie charts to complex graphics--and this whole trend…toward big data makes infographics even more important; or when you want to…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users