Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing an editorial calendar and process, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
- View Offline
The best websites are not static;…they continue to grow and develop overtime.…But you don't want them to grow haphazardly.…That's where an editorial calendar and setting up a few editorial processes can…really make a difference.…Most businesses face different challenges and opportunities throughout the year.…For example, pets may need flea and tick treatments in the summer, when bugs are…at their worst, or schools may change the way they update their websites when…students are on vacation.…Developing a calendar makes it easier to manage content creation throughout…the year and can serve as a helpful guide to promoting your best content when…it's most relevant.…
Here are a few tips for creating an editorial calendar.…Start with the four seasons. Take a macro view and think about how content may…change each quarter.…Factor in the big holidays.…Look for any content connections you can make that are relevant to Thanksgiving,…Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Purim, Passover, Rosh Hashanah, and any other…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users