Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Doing content marketing on social media, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
An increasingly important part of any good content strategy is how to leverage…your best content on social media sites.…From Facebook to Twitter to Pinterest and beyond, social media has become an…important place to promote any business or organization.…Whether you create a profile on every social media site out there or you focus…your efforts on one or two, it's never too early to start thinking about how to…share your best content across social media.…If you're working on a large website, you may just be giving content ideas to…the social media team.…
On a smaller project you may have to do it yourself.…Either way, here are a few general suggestions to get you started.…The first step is to identify which social media sites you should target.…Not all of them may be appropriate to you.…Choose the content and write the copy for each site, and remember that…each site's different.…I'll show you some examples in a moment.…Think about how and when to publish on each site and ultimately, include…social media in your content matrix, your calendar, and any other planning…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users