Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing a content matrix, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
Much of the work we've done in the previous videos will come together in this…one, as we combine our content inventory with our gap analysis to create one…big content matrix.…Think of it like putting together all of the ingredients you need for a pizza.…First you make the crust, then you put on a little sauce, then you top it off…with your favorite toppings.…So what's exactly is the content matrix?…Well, not unlike pizza, that depends on which toppings you prefer to use and how…big a pizza you are planning to make.…Think of the content matrix, which some might simply call a content project…plan, as the central document you'll use to track and manage all of the content in your website.…
You can create a new file to serve as your content matrix or you can do what…many of us do, which is to save a copy of your inventory and turn it into…your gap analysis and ultimately create a copy of that that becomes your content matrix.…Each time you're just adding more fields to your spreadsheet.…Stir, bake, add a little seasoning to suit your taste, you get the idea.…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users