Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating surveys and polls, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
Sometimes the best way to find out what content you should add to your website…is to ask your audience.…In the next video we'll explore how to use testing and analytics to study…user behavior, but before we get into all of that, let's start by simply…asking them what they want.…Like so many aspects of web development, there are a number of tools on the…market you can use to create polls and surveys.…To keep things simple and reasonably priced, in this video I'll use…SurveyMonkey, a free online tool that's easy to use and will help me demonstrate…how you can create a survey for your own site.…
Here's a survey I created using the free tools at SurveyMonkey.…Notice how they have a number of options that make it possible to add bulleted…lists and questions with fields.…And here's a tip: when you're offering a list of options like this, always…include an other option.…Not only will that help you get more specific answers if you forget to ask…something, it will help make sure that your users don't feel left out if they…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users