Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating metadata, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
Metadata is data about data.…Yeah, that's pretty meta.…Metadata can be used to describe data in many different ways, but at its heart,…metadata is all about helping keep data organized.…You may already be familiar with metadata because it's a key part of search…engine optimization, but metadata is important anytime you're dealing with so…much content that you need help keeping track of it all,…even if you're working on an intranet and don't care about SEO.…Because this is not a class in SEO, I won't go into too much detail about all of…the different types of metadata that matter to search engines, but you can learn…lots more about SEO in other courses here at lynda.com.…
Metadata includes things like the page title, which you see here at the top of…the Wisdom Pet Medicine homepage.…I've circled it in red to call your attention.…Although the text in the title tag doesn't appear in the body of the page, it's…arguably the most important piece of metadata.…Title text is also what gets saved when someone bookmarks your site, and it's…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users