Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a content inventory, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
- View Offline
As I prepared for this course, I reviewed a number of job listings for…content strategists.…In many cases, the job descriptions had phrases like this one: "medical website…with 3,500 pages of text seeks content strategist to help make sense of it all."…That job description didn't actually say "make sense of it all," but believe me,…that's a lot of what's involved with content strategy work: taking inventory of…what you already have.…The first thing to consider as you do a content analysis or take inventory is…whether you are going to do a quantitative assessment, where you are going to…focus on the quantity, the amount, and type of content you are dealing with, or…if you're doing a qualitative analysis, where you are focusing on the quality,…relevance, effectiveness, the value of the content.…
Ideally, you should do both, but how you manage the details depends on many factors.…A good content analysis can be as simple as looking through the pages of a…website or as complicated as managing a team of people for taking inventory of…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users