Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a content gap analysis, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
- View Offline
A good content gap analysis is part wish list, part list of missing pieces, part…analysis of what's working and what's not.…Ultimately, it's designed to identify the gaps,…the places between what you already have on your website and what you need to…have to achieve your goals.…At this stage it's okay to ask for the world.…This step is all about exploring the possibilities and brainstorming new ideas.…As you create your gap analysis, it's a good idea to review the goals you set…earlier, as well as who you've identified as your target audience.…
Similar to the content inventory we created in the last video, it works well to…use an Excel spreadsheet to create a gap analysis.…Some people like to simply turn their content inventory into a gap analysis;…others prefer to create two separate documents.…Either way, here are some of the categories you might want to include in a gap…analysis spreadsheet: a topic and title so you can identify everything as you go along,…brief description,…the goal and objective. You can look at what is the objective of this piece of…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users