Join Janine Warner for an in-depth discussion in this video Appreciating the value of text and images, part of Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website.
The life of a content strategist was so much simpler when all you could publish…on a website was text and a few small images--…simpler but oh so vanilla boring.…And as far as I know, no one got paid to be a content strategist back in the good old days.…Today, there's so much hype around video, animation, and other rich media,…it's easy to forget that good old text and images are still the best choice for…most of the content on most of the world's websites.…So before we get into best practices with rich media formats in the next few…videos, let's give text a little respect.…
It's easy to get caught up in the power of video, but never forget that most of…us can read faster than we can talk.…I know some of us talk really, really fast, but believe it or not most people…can still read even faster.…That doesn't mean you should use text for everything, or that you should use text…at the expense of images.…We would not have improved the old text-heavy version of our Wisdom Pet website…by simply converting everything into video. And even on the pages like the…
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users