Defines content management systems (CMSs) and explains their role in web site development.
- View Offline
- Hi, I'm James Williamson. Welcome to CMS Fundamentals. This course is designed to introduce anyone interested in using content management systems to the fundamental concepts and terminology behind what has become the driving force for so many websites. First, we'll discuss just what a CMS is, what types of CMS's are available, and how to determine if using one is right for you. Next, we'll explore some of the terms and concepts that you're likely to encounter when using a CMS. I'm also gonna showcase a few of the more popular CMS and look a little deeper into platforms like Drupal, Joomla and WordPress and we'll give you a few things that you should consider when choosing a CMS for your own projects.
Finally, I'll discuss some best practices involved in utilizing content management systems and how to make sure that you're using them to their fullest potential. With all that in mind, let's start exploring the world of content management systems.
- Defining and understanding a CMS
- Understanding taxonomy
- Assessing an organization or company's needs
- Comparing content management systems
- Planning a content strategy
- Controlling content lifecycle
- Migrating between CMSs
- Understanding users, groups, and permissions
- Using web analytics